I had my 6-week check-up at the doctor this week. Everything looks great. I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have a ways to go as far as my poor tummy goes. He said the incision site looks good and that my "pooch" will unfortunately stick around for a bit longer. All part of the recovery process from the surgery.
In the doctor's words: "Time for you to get on with life as you normally would." What does this mean? I can go about my daily routine, which now includes getting out of the house, strolling Madeline and lifting her while she's in her car seat. He did give the warning, however, that I needed to go slowly, using the analogy "if you've never exercised before, you're not going to go out and take a long jog." I discovered after our family outing last weekend that I was in some pain and have been sore ever since. I pushed too hard, too soon. Baby steps. At least all is well and I can leave the couch! Wahoo!
On a more fun note, Miss M is still growing like a weed! She is visibly longer and I can feel that she's heavier. She changes every single day! We're working on 4-5 hours at night (so technically, we're up only once in the middle of the night now), and Madeline has asked, or demanded, 3 oz. in her bottles. She may look like her daddy, but she is definitely my child...she lets everyone know when its time for her to eat ;)
She's still holding that head up strong and we almost had a full roll over during tummy time this week. I almost hit the floor. She's not a huge fan of tummy time so she tries really, really hard to get onto her side or her back. So proud of my smart girl! She is greeting us with smiles all the time these days - and these smiles have started to come out for about anyone that talks sweet to her. Such a charmer!
And, this is my last week of pumping. I have been giving Madeline breast milk with her formula for a few weeks now, since she prefers the bottle. My goal was to get 6-weeks of breast milk in, so we're coming to the end of the road. It's been an interesting feeding road, but I am feeling so much more confident about it all (and pumping is really starting to get a little taxing). So, my goal has been met, my baby is growing and eating like a champion - Mom is a happy camper!


No comments:
Post a Comment