May 3, 2011

37 weeks

We're full term!  Baby now weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel - like a stalk of Swiss chard...Baby Center is losing me on some of these.  I'm experiencing some mild, irregular contractions and lots of pressure.  Bathroom breaks are a must and my hips are obviously moving and making adjustments for M's arrival.  I'm having some irregular contractions already, too.  I had my weekly doctor's appointment this week and I haven't progressed any further.  Still 1 cm. dilated, 80% effaced and Madeline is at a -1 birth station.










We had a fun weekend, which started with a great visit with Vie and Papa Friday night and a wonderful luncheon and shower, hosted by mom's (and my!) dear friends, Debbie and Joyce on Saturday. These women can COOK!  We had a gourmet lunch and Madeline was showered with such wonderful gifts - all so personal and dear.  Again, I'm truly blown away by the love for my sweet child, and so very grateful for Debbie and Joyce. Thank you, ladies, for being such a special part of my 30 years of life and for sharing in the joy of Madeline!  










I've been busy with laundry...the bedding, clothes, etc. and cleaning...okay, nesting.  I want to be ready just in case M comes earlier than we thought she would.  We also took an infant CPR class over the weekend, which was very helpful.  Hopefully, we'll never have to use this new knowledge, but we're ready just in case. 


This coming weekend, we're getting excited to celebrate Uncle Kenneth and Aunt Kristen's wedding at Wrightsville Beach.  I got the go-ahead from my doctor today, as long as I "feel okay."  So excited to celebrate this special time in their lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment