So, Madeline has been showing a great deal of interest in the potty, as mentioned in previous posts, so Derek and I thought we'd give potty training a whirl over this past weekend (we were both off on Memorial Day which gave us an extra day to work with her). The first morning, I think Derek and I both wanted to throw in the towel - this training is HARD WORK! But, by lunch, she asked to go to the potty a few times. Day 2 brought fewer accidents (just 2!) and we ventured out to Mimi and Grandbuddy's for dinner, where she had 2 successful trips to the potty. By day 3, we were accident-free! This included her playing in the pool, and asking to get out and go to the potty. Can we say PROUD?!
Her first day back at Bozenna's, she had 2 accidents, but I think that is totally expected. Besides, 2 accidents and the rest successes!? I'd say that's pretty darn good. She has continued to ask to potty at home and is starting to understand nighttime. For the record, we weren't even going to touch nighttime potty because I don't think her bladder is there just yet. But, she has woken us up a couple of times and asked to potty in the middle of the night. We'll keep the diapers on for now at night time, but we're on the right track. I can't tell you how proud we are of our smart girl. She blows us away with what she knows and what she can do. Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment