We see more teeth! Madeline’s top right front tooth has finally come through. And what’s funny, is that the left front tooth isn’t the other one starting to show…it’s the tooth on the other side of her right front. Our poor girl has been having a fit while these teeth are working their way through the gums. Up at 4 a.m. crying (she does go back to sleep, thank the good Lord), constant drool and chewing, crying if she chews too hard, and congestion. I don’t know why the pediatricians say that teething and cold-like symptoms aren’t related. Each time she has gotten a tooth, she has a runny nose and congestion. I call their bluff. Mommy instinct trumps that medical degree. Unfortunately, with this congestion that comes with the teeth, comes the ear infections. Ugh. Poor thing. Break out the Tylenol and the humidifier and pray for happy, healthy ears.
Madeline has also been experimenting with new food. Miss Benna baked a yummy organic chicken and pureed it with rice for Miss M, who thoroughly enjoyed it. Her first taste of meat? Great success! She’s such a good eater. In addition to her bottles, she is eating cereal and ½ of a banana at breakfast, sweet potatoes at lunch (and now a taste of chicken), and a vegetable and/or fruit at dinner. She really digs this eating from a spoon thing. She’s also interested in what Mom cooks in the kitchen. She’ll have a taste of avocado when I’m chopping one up, and has a tiny taste of the beef (more the juice) I cooked for dinner this week.
She's reaching for US now, too! Talk about melting your heart. After work, you can expect a big smile, arms reached out and a snuggle to your chest. Now that I’m back at work full time, I need this. I can’t wait to get to my girl at the end of the day.
And, we’re working on crawling. Can this be that my child is old enough to work on this?! She rolls like a wild woman. Front to back, back to front. And she seems to be army crawling/scooting backwards. She hasn’t quite grasped it yet, but she seems to be enjoying whatever she’s piecing together. I’m in no rush, so whenever she’s ready, we’ll make ourselves ready.
This little update turned into a big one. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment