Three haircuts and two teeth later, our girl hits the seven month mark. I swear she changes over night. Miss Madeline is sitting up by herself, rolling around like a wild woman, and trying out new "words." Her newest sounds are "ba ba ba" and yes..."da da da." I keep telling Derek that it doesn't count until she looks at him and says da da da. :) She's still laughing and squealing at insane octaves and has started to reach out for us. She usually reaches for us, cups our faces with her hands and brings our faces to hers for a snuggle. Sweetest. thing. ever. And it's not just us she's reaching for - it's everything. Our plates, her toys, a crumb, the dog (she really loves to pet the dog..thank God he's patient). She just loves to get her hands on just about anything.
She is not a huge fan of being held by people she doesn't know well. She warms to them after a minute, but she tends to give a little whimper at first. I'll take it. Makes my "stay away from strangers" chat later in life a little easier.
She's eating two to three meals a day, along with her bottles (oatmeal for breakfast, sometimes with a fruit and a veggie for dinner) and sleeping from 7 pm - 6/7 am. Unfortunately, she's also battling a double ear infection at the moment, which has interrupted her sleep a bit (I'm yawning as I type). Poor thing doesn't run a fever and remains pretty happy. Playing with her ears and waking up earlier than usual are the only clues she gives that she may have an ear infection. We're learning!
So on to the adventures of the 7th month. Can't wait to see what's ahead!


No comments:
Post a Comment