July 19, 2011

Happy 2 month birthday, baby girl!

I can hardly believe that Madeline is 2 months old.  It seems like last week I was holding her for the first time.  She has grown so, so much and has become an even bigger joy than we could have imagined.  She's such a great baby - so very happy! 





Madeline, or our little "Squirrel" as we call her, is quite the talker these days.  She has discovered her voice and coos and ooohs and ahhhs all day long. She has also started to laugh at mom and dad when we act silly and make faces at her.  She especially gets a kick out of a good game of "peek-a-boo." It's hysterical when mom's face pops out from behind the blanket.  

We still love our bath time and she has started to splash and kick her feet in the water. She's getting stronger and stronger everyday and holds that head up high like a big girl.  M has also discovered how cute she is, and she likes to check herself out in the mirror.  Who can blame her?  I can only imagine that she is thinking of some dreamy new hairstyles to try out. Speaking of hair...little Madeline has had her first "trim." She was starting to grow an unruly mullet so mommy gave Vie the green light to trim it up!  I can't believe that our baby had her first cut before age 2 months.  Love all this hair!




Mom helped to host a baby shower for Auntie Carrie this weekend.  Jack and Madeline are sure to be good pals like their mommies (as you can see below, we're already working on it). Madeline is super duper excited about the upcoming year, as she's not only welcoming new friends (babies Janovich, Harrell, Smith, Bell, Cable, Massey & Miller), but a new cousin Beavers in November! Aunt Rachelle and mom are going to have too much fun with these little girls.  Daddies, hide your credit cards! 



We go for her first round of shots this week...once I've dried my tears and mentally recovered from that, I'll post an update.  I have no doubt that she'll rock it, while I melt in the corner.  

1 comment:

  1. The unruly mullet made me laugh out loud!!
    Future prom dates!! :)

    ReplyDelete