April 18, 2011

35 weeks

Holy torpedo.  Madeline is getting to be such a big girl - and my belly is just getting a little ridiculous. It seems that my belly is completely cool with continuing to expand and expand...and expand some more. It could be worse, I suppose!  According to my trusty baby site, Madeline should be just over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (like a honeydew melon). 






Please see evidence of torpedo here:







Since Madeline has dropped a little, it's a tad bit easier to breathe these days, so I don't need as much "Derek assistance" walking up hills on our walks anymore. :)  Same sleeping patterns (up 1-2 times each night now for a bathroom break and to switch positions) and a little heartburn.  Swelling was really great over the weekend.  My feet had a little bit, but not much.  I could actually wear shoes other than the proverbial flip flops!  My weekly doctor visits start next week so I will chat more with the doctor about it then.


We had a very productive weekend - we had our car seat installed (along with the extra base in Derek's car) and Derek installed a dimmer in the nursery, after a very wise tip - thanks, Robin!  Now we'll have some light for late night changes and feedings without blinding all parties involved with bright lights at 3 am.  I have already entered serious nesting mode, too.  I want to make sure everything is clean and in order and I'm psycho about wanting house projects finished in the next couple of weeks (we're getting new countertops next week and fixing the grout in the bathrooms).  I need to slow my roll so that I don't overdo it and enjoy these last few weeks.  But, it makes me feel good knowing that things are well organized and ready for M's grand entrance, whenever that may be. Starting to think sooner than later.  We'll see what plans are in store for us soon enough!  
  








 

1 comment:

  1. She's sure to be a curious, independent little girl, as evidenced by her "straightforward" posture! Look out world!

    ReplyDelete