Our little shortcake is 5 months old!
In the past month, she has enjoyed the wonders of rolling from side to side and from one end of her crib to the other...the child winds up in the strangest positions. She's also very fond of her voice and all the things she's learned she can do with it. I mean, she's taking it to different octaves, folks. She likes to squeal and "sing." And when she squeals and sings, she'll stick her tongue out from time to time. She means business. She's like a little Mariah Carey (pre-trainwreck).
Miss M is also a very good sleeper these days. Hallelujah. A typical night for her now is from about 7:00, 7:15 to 6:15 the next morning. Derek and I are discovering sleep again. It's a beautiful thing. She's still enjoying her cereal and Miss Benna started her on oatmeal, too. And, she loves (and I mean LOVES) a bath. Derek and I have joked about wearing bathing suits to bathe her because by the time we're finished, it looks like we all had a bath. She's a fierce little splasher.
We left her with her very first babysitter this past month, too (someone other than Miss Benna and her grandparents!). My friend Catherine's sister Cameron sat for us one night. I was your typical first-time-mom-with-a-sitter. Poor Cameron came to our house to find two typed out lists of numbers and information. Thankfully, Cameron is kind and indulged me. Madeline was in great hands and did really well. She also slept for 12 hours that night. Dear Cameron, you're an angel. Come back anytime. Love, Lindsay.
Another fun discovery - recognition of her own name! When you say "Madeline," she'll look right at you and grin. She's a happy little soul. And clearly approves of the name we gave her. We like to stand in front of the mirror so she can see herself (which makes her REALLY excited), and then turn her a little and say "where's Madeline?" At this point, she'll crane her little head around to see herself in the mirror again.
And finally, Madeline attended her first birthday party. Her buddy Nolan Shaffer turned one, so Madeline traveled with mom to Greensboro for the festivities. First of many, no doubt!
I started my new job a couple of weeks ago. It's completely different from what I'm used to, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's especially nice that the schedule is flexible, so I am usually off work by 4:30 and actually get to pick up sweet Madeline from Benna's on the days when I'm in the office. Did I mention it's only 10 minutes from home? It's awesome to have that extra time with my little family after work before Madeline goes to bed.
And on into the 5th month we go...





No comments:
Post a Comment